Syrian Refugee Medical Relief
Yale For Syrian Refugees
The Yale Rotaract Club is applying for a Global Grant from the Rotary International Foundation to purchase sustainable, life-saving medical equipment (X-ray machines, neonatal incubators, respirators, vital monitors, etc.) for the Kadirli Ozel 7 Mart Hastanesi hospital in Adana, Turkey that serves Syrian refugees.
The United Nations has deemed the civil conflict in Syria one of the worst humanitarian crises of the 21st century. The unrest in Syria has forced nearly 5 million refugees to travel across the borders and has internally displaced more than 6 million persons. Consequently, refugee camps in countries such as Turkey, Lebanon, and Jordan have seen an influx of impoverished Syrian refugees, many of whom are in need of immediate medical care. Providing access to basic, quality healthcare is of utmost importance in refugee populations.
By providing sustainable medical equipment to this hospital, we will be helping tens of thousands of people access critical and long-term healthcare. To date, Yale Rotaract has received $25,000 in funds and commitments which will be matched by the Rotary International Foundation. In efforts to maximize the impact of this endeavor, we are asking for more donations which will also be matched by The Foundation.
How can you help: DONATE!
- Donate here!
- Venmo @YaleRotaract
- Write a check made payable to “New Haven Rotary Charitable Trust Fund” with a notation for “Syrian Refugee Project” and mail it to Colin M. Gershon, One Century Tower, Suite 500, 265 Church Street, New Haven, CT 06510.
- Rotary Club of New Haven, Connecticut – International Sponsor
- Rotary Club of Adana, Turkey – Host Sponsor
- Rotary Club of Iskanderun, Turkey
- Rotary International District 7980
- Gators for Refugee Medical Relief at the University of Florida
- Islamic Relief USA: an NGO that aims to empower individuals in their communities and provide relief and development in a dignified manner regardless of gender, race, or religion.